Introduced in 2022, the Montana Development Program (MDP), originally the “Director Coaching Program”, is intended to aid Clubs that may not have an experienced Director of Coaching with guidance on the field and off to best serve and grow their membership.
Montana Youth Soccer will provide the leadership and guidance in developing Club coaches, Club players and Club programs working within the Club’s philosophy. The MYSA Technical Director will help Clubs design and implement programs that will enhance coaching education and player development. The MDP will include benefits such as:
- Field and classroom sessions hosted by the MYSA Technical Director for coaches and players
- Player training sessions on topics of based on the needs of the players.
- Classroom topics for coaches on topics of the coach’s and/or Club’s choice.
- Periodic meetings with the Club to design a plan for developing its coaches and players and to help the Club execute the plan
- Long term strategic development plan of coaching staff. Age-appropriate development for all players.
- Presentations to coaches and parents.
- Attend the Club’s coach and parent meetings.
- Coaching manuals and other resources
- Work with the Club to develop a library of age-appropriate training sessions based on the three segments of the game.
- Printed curricula and training sessions
- Originating from the MYSA website and U.S. Soccer’s Learning Center.
- Establishment of coaching criteria and a Code of Conduct
- The Code of Conduct may come from the MYSA Policy Manual or be created to the specific philosophy of the Club.
- Other benefits as needed from the Club and as the program evolves.
MYSA will be a resource and a mentor to the Club, its coaches and its parents. The MDP will be optional but recommended for Clubs in need of the service.
All inquiries about the Montana Development Program should be directed to MYSA Technical Director Ric Plante – firstname.lastname@example.org.